A Most Embarrasing Time in My Life
Ten years ago I was thirteen, and it was a hot summer day. I had to go with parents to my uncle's house in Jalander for a wedding. We were to stay at my uncle's house for one week. But, before we set off for the Uncle's house, my mother had made chapati, an India favorite, a of sort burrito like food, filled with potatoes. We had also packed homemade yogurt and butter for eating at my Uncle's home. The buses and the highways of India are busy with all sorts of vehicles and animals, and the pavement is bumpy, so it takes about four hours to get to my uncle's house from my parent's home in Raikot. Being as we were so filled up with food, the jerky motions of the Indian made Jain sedan soon made me begin to feel nauseated and unstable in the stomach. Half an hour later in the drive, I tried to reach across my mother to roll down the window, but too late I threw up on my mother's lovely tan colored suit. Although it was a disaster for my mother and me, My father and brothers who were sitting behind me laughed out loud and would not stop laughing. The horrible stench of the vomit caused by the chapti not absent from my stomach was overwhelming, and by the heat of the car made it worse. In India, decent places to pull over and shower are hard to find, but eventually, our driver found a stop. This horribly embarrassing not only because of what had just transpired, but because I also had take a bath in a public restroom and throw away my otherwise nice clothes. This experience was so embarrassing for me that I decided never to eat so much before I am driving somewhere, and I always try to sit at a window seat. To this day, whenver the family gathers for a roadtrip, my brother laugh and remind me of this horrible experience.
Ten years ago I was thirteen, and it was a hot summer day. I had to go with parents to my uncle's house in Jalander for a wedding. We were to stay at my uncle's house for one week. But, before we set off for the Uncle's house, my mother had made chapati, an India favorite, a of sort burrito like food, filled with potatoes. We had also packed homemade yogurt and butter for eating at my Uncle's home. The buses and the highways of India are busy with all sorts of vehicles and animals, and the pavement is bumpy, so it takes about four hours to get to my uncle's house from my parent's home in Raikot. Being as we were so filled up with food, the jerky motions of the Indian made Jain sedan soon made me begin to feel nauseated and unstable in the stomach. Half an hour later in the drive, I tried to reach across my mother to roll down the window, but too late I threw up on my mother's lovely tan colored suit. Although it was a disaster for my mother and me, My father and brothers who were sitting behind me laughed out loud and would not stop laughing. The horrible stench of the vomit caused by the chapti not absent from my stomach was overwhelming, and by the heat of the car made it worse. In India, decent places to pull over and shower are hard to find, but eventually, our driver found a stop. This horribly embarrassing not only because of what had just transpired, but because I also had take a bath in a public restroom and throw away my otherwise nice clothes. This experience was so embarrassing for me that I decided never to eat so much before I am driving somewhere, and I always try to sit at a window seat. To this day, whenver the family gathers for a roadtrip, my brother laugh and remind me of this horrible experience.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home